Domestic and International Student Information

Click here for information on Fees, Calendars and Timetables


Here is our 2019 Student Handbook.


Prospective Students

When you are ready to apply to study at Vose, click here to fill in the online application form.

New to Perth?

Western Australia is the largest of the Australian states covering about one third of the continent.

Perth, the Capital of Western Australia, situated near the coast on the Swan River, has a population of approx 1.5 million (2/3 of the state’s total population). It enjoys a warm, sunny climate with the hottest month being February when the daily temperatures have an average maximum of 30°C (with several days peaking at 40°C) and a minimum of 19°C. The coolest month is July when the temperatures range between 18°C maximum and 9° minimum (with some nights dropping as low as 0°C).The average annual rainfall of 880 mm occurs mainly between May and September.

Suburbs extending in a 40km radius of Perth have an extensive coastline with good beaches suitable for bathing and other areas providing great surfing. Parks and children’s playgrounds are spread throughout the suburbs. The area has excellent sporting facilities and clubs representing most sports.

Perth is a multicultural society, with its population drawn from all areas of the world.

Public Transport

Perth has a large public transport network incorporating trains and buses. Being opposite Curtin University means the Seminary is well serviced by public transport, particularly during University Semesters.

These include circle route 98 and 99 for many major centres and Bus routes 71, 72, 73, 75 (also Routes 100 and 101 between Canning Bridge Railway Station and Curtin University Bus Station and 883 from Perth Bus port).


International students on a student visa are permitted to work 20 hours per week during Semesters.


Limited accommodation is available on campus at Vose, subject to availability. All enquiries can be referred to the Office and Property Manager.

Cost Of Living

For basic living, without luxuries, a single international student living in Perth should be able to manage on AUD$1,500 – $1,700 per month. This does not include cost of tuition fees and books. Nor does it include costs for running a car or much in the way of entertainment expenses.

Students should budget for items such as:

  • Rent
  • Phone
  • Electricity
  • Water (may be included in rent)
  • Food, meals
  • Cleaning materials
  • Clothing
  • Transport (car or public transport)

Shopping Facilities

Shopping hours in Perth are generally:-

Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm

Saturday 9.00am – 5.00pm

Sunday* 11.00am – 5.00pm

(*Optional, check your local center)

Late night shopping

Thursday till 9.00pm in the suburbs (not Perth city).

Friday till 9.00pm in Perth city.


Western Australia has a 3-tiered educational system.

Primary School (ages 5 to 12)

Secondary School (ages 13 to 17)

Tertiary Education

Dependents of international students must enrol in either a government or non-government school and may be required to pay full fees. Tuition fees range from about $5,000-$15,000 per year for primary education and $8,000-$18,000 per year for secondary education


Overseas students are required to obtain Overseas Health cover insurance prior to being granted a visa. Cost of this insurance is approximately $400 for a single person ($800 per family) giving access to a healthcare system that is one of the best in the world.


Please note: because Australia is an island and relatively free from pests and diseases it has strict quarantine laws. Food or plant materials may not be brought into the country. Any food or plant material must be declared to customs on entry.

Further Information

More detailed information about services available to International Students may be found on various websites, including:

International Students

For many years Vose has warmly welcomed students from all over the world and has been enriched by their participation.

Vose Seminary is an affiliated college of the Australian College of Theology. ACT CRICOS code 02650E.

All prospective international students whether living in Australia, or elsewhere, who are over 18 years of age, are are able to secure the necessary visas and appropriate insurances are warmly welcomed to study at Vose.  Click here to access a complete list of courses on offer to international students studying at Vose.  Click here to apply today, and make sure you have your current passport, IELTS score (if your first language is not English) and are ready to pay the $200 application fee.  Once your application has been approved, you will receive a letter of offer and a written agreement, which you will need to sign and return.  Upon receipt of your signed written agreement, the Registrar with issue you with a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE).  Your signed COE and written agreement as well as proof of your health insurance policy will be needed to be submitted to support your student visa application.

International Students wishing to enrol in a Higher Degree Award should also familiarize themselves with the Australian College of Theology International Student Page  Further information including timetables and calendars can be found further down on this page. For any inquiries, click here to contact Vose. 

Australian College of Theology

Our higher degree courses are accredited through the Australian College of Theology. Students should familiarise themselves with the following policies.  A complete list of our policies can be found here.

Our courses are open to all qualified applicants, however please note that Vose College is not CRICOS registered and cannot accept international students.

Academic Prerequisites

There are a variety of ways in which you can demonstrate your suitability for studying at Vose:

  • A Western Australian Tertiary Entrance Rank (TER) of 65 or its equivalent.
  • Previous formal study at TAFE or another tertiary level institute.
  • Results in the Special Tertiary Admissions Test conducted by the Tertiary Institutions Service Centre.
  • Demonstrate through life experience, maturity and motivation that you will be able to finish the course of study.

To enrol in the Master of Divinity, Graduate Diploma of Divinity or Graduate Diploma of Christian Studies you need a degree or equivalent qualification in a non-theological field.

Prior Learning

If you have relevant study or experience, you can apply for credit and/or Recognition of Prior Learning. These recognise competencies you already have. In this way they may receive advanced standing, with both credit and exemption. This will usually require some form of assessment, which may be by a portfolio of material. Further details are available on request.


If you have studied previously, either at Vose or elsewhere, get in touch with the Registrar and see if your previous study will give you credit towards your chosen course at Vose.

We invite you to embark on your own exceptional learning experience.