Vose Seminary Student Declaration
VET Student Declaration
• Vose Seminary is bound by the Privacy Act of 1988
• Information collected on this form will be used by the Faculty and Administration Team for the purposes of assessing your application and providing guidance both initially and throughout subsequent studies
• Upon admission, your details will be provided to the officers of the Student Association to enable them to contact you, unless you advise us otherwise
• Information to third parties will only be divulged with your written permission
• By submitting this form, you consent to relevant information being obtained from your nominated referees, authorise Vose to release relevant details to associated organisations for academic related matters (i.e., The Australian College of Theology, Logos) and other accredited Government bodies, certify that all the information herein is correct at the time of submission, that you have read and understand the Student Handbook, Fees and Timetable information and that you are applying on that basis
• If you are accepted as a student at Vose, by submitting this form you agree to abide by the expectations of the Seminary as listed in the Student Handbook • From time to time we may make use of film or images that may include your face, as part of our communications, marketing and advertising. Please advise us if you do not want this to occur
• Students who plan to take Congregational Field Education units will need to apply for a Working with Children Card before they can go out on student placements or internships. Students wishing to be accredited will also need to provide a copy of a current police check as part of that process
Australian College of Theology (ACT) Student Declaration
Regulation/Terms of Enrolment
The information provided by overseas students to the provider (the Australian College of Theology) may be made available to Commonwealth and State agencies and the Fund Manager of the Educational Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Assurance Fund, pursuant to obligations under the ESOS Act 2000 and the National Code; and the provider is required, under section 19 of the ESOS Act 2000, to tell the Department about:
(i) certain changes to the student’s enrolment; and
(ii) any breach by the student of a student visa condition relating to attendance or satisfactory academic performance.
Variation of Enrolment:
Students who wish to vary their enrolment by addition of or withdrawal from a unit should consult their Affiliated College Registrar for the critical dates that apply to that unit and the procedure to use to apply for a variation. Withdrawal from a unit after the Withdrawal Date will attract a fail (FW) grade. [For more information, see www.actheology.edu.au – Variation of Enrolment]. Closing dates for application: An application for enrolment in a unit lodged after the Administrative Date for the unit may be subject to the Variation of Enrolment Fee.
ACT’s Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning policies are published on the ACT’s website www.actheology.edu.au.
The ACT’s Grievance Resolution Policy for Domestic Students and the Grievance Resolution Policy for Overseas Students are available on the ACT website at www.actheology.edu.au.
Refunds of tuition fees:
Candidates who withdraw after the census date of a unit and wish to apply for a tuition fee refund must apply in writing to the Registrar of the Australian College of Theology. A copy of the Tuition Fee Refund application form and policy can be found on the Australian College of Theology website www.actheology.edu.au.
Application and Declaration
I apply to be enrolled in the Course and Units set out on the application and agree that, upon acceptance, I will be enrolled at the Australian College of Theology on the terms set out above. Unless I am applying for cross-institutional enrolments or Single Unit Study, I note that am enrolling in units contributing to the completion of a course of the Australian College of Theology and I declare my intention to complete this course of study. Should I be accepted as a student of the Australian College of Theology, I will abide by its rules and policies. I understand that I can access the rules and policies relating to my course and my enrolled units on the website of the Australian College of Theology at www.actheology.edu.au.
In particular, I acknowledge that I have read, understand and accept:
• the Grievance Resolution Policy for Domestic/Overseas Students; and
• (if I am an overseas applicant) the ACT Refund Policy and Agreement for Overseas Students.
I also understand that:
• The Australian College of Theology is collecting the information in this form for the purpose of assessing my eligibility for the Higher Education Loan Program under the Higher Education Support Act 2003 and allocation of a Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number to me; and for program administration purposes, including the viewing of survey data by relevant parties.
• The Australian College of Theology will disclose this information to the Australian Government as required under the Higher Education Support Act 2003.
• The Australian Government is required to store the information securely.
• The Australian College of Theology may disclose information to government departments in relation to transport concessions.
• The Australian College of Theology and the Australian Government will not otherwise disclose the information without my consent unless required or authorised by law.
• My information may be sent to software vendors in order for me to access software relevant to my course at reduced rates, and not on-sold to any provider.
• Work submitted in relation to this course may be submitted to organisations for academic integrity assurance.
Noting that giving false or misleading information is a serious offence under the Criminal Code, I confirm that, to the best of my knowledge, all the information in this form is correct.