Coronavirus (COVID-19) UpdateMarch 27, 2020
COVID-19 – Vose Seminary
As you are no doubt aware, the World Health Organization (WHO) has officially declared a COVID-19 pandemic, and in Australia many new health directives have been put into place to protect members of the community vulnerable to the virus, and to help slow its spread lest the health system be overwhelmed with people seeking treatment. One of the most important ways to slow and limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus and so to protect those in our community who are especially vulnerable to the disease, is to limit public gatherings and associations wherever possible and practicable. Vose Seminary together with the Baptist Union of Western Australia will continue to monitor this developing situation.
Vose Seminary response to COVID-19:
Semester 2, 2020 classes will be held on campus with online options as per usual.
In accordance with the decision of many universities and colleges in our country, we did decide to temporarily suspend on-campus classes at Vose for Semester 1, 2020 and replace them with online ‘Zoom’ classes. Trainers and lecturers will communicate with our students regarding this arrangement.
Vose Library is now open for our public members and students.
If you are a public member or student, you may now access the library between 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday.
Please make sure you maintain the 1.5m physical distancing requirements.
- We ask that you wash your hands before entering the library and utilise the sanitiser which will be available on both levels of the library.
- We ask that you wipe down your study area before and after use with the disinfectant wipes provided.
- We ask that you move ‘air-flow zones” once every two hours. This is to make sure you are not sharing the same space with one person for longer than 2 hours.
- The Dining Room will remain closed until Semester 2 starts back on the 27th July.
- Please sign in at Reception. This follows contact tracing requirements should someone who has used the library be diagnosed with COVID-19.
- You may “request and pickup” items through Liberty or by email, with one business hours’ notice required for staff to prepare your request.
If you need help with anything, please contact the Library at 08 6313 6288 or email@example.com.
The Commencement and Conferral Service scheduled on the 26th of March and the Booksale on the 4th of April have been cancelled are there are no plans at this stage to reschedule.
2020’s graduates will be able to join in with next years group to ensure that they do not miss out on the ceremony.
We cannot take any more second-hand books for the next year so please do not drop any further books at Vose. We quite simply do not have anywhere to put them.
We are following the Health & Hygiene advice from:
- World Health Organization
- Australian Government
- Australian Department of Health
- Western Australia Department of Health
Thank you for all your flexibility and patience with these developments. Your understanding and cooperation are greatly appreciated, and we know that as we work together, we will have a very fruitful and productive semester. We are living in unusual times and have made these decisions because we believe it will be beneficial not only to ourselves but just as importantly, to others in our community who are very vulnerable.
We can and should pray diligently and fervently for all in our community, and we should also act in practical ways in accordance with our prayer. Our dear brother James reminds us that ‘the prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective’ (James 5:16), and also that ‘faith without works [of mercy on behalf of others] is dead’ (James 2:14-26). Please join us in this prayer and in faithful action on behalf of others.
If you have any queries about any of our new arrangements for teaching and learning, or if you experience any technical difficulties along the way, please do not hesitate to contact us, and we will do whatever we can to help.